Monday, April 27, 2009

When We Hang Out IRL - I Do My Happy Dance

today i met THE John Green.....for the third time.

He's going to be at the NJ Librarians Conference tomorrow and my librarian tried to get me in, but couldn't because i'm not a librarian or studying to be one. This got me really sad. It's a really intimate gathering with the Greens and hell, I wanted to be there.

Anyway, i got over it fast. He'll be here sooner or later. Then I find out last week that he's coming early and stopping in Elizabeth. PERFECT! I can so go to that.

So I go.

And it's awesome.

The teens asked a lot of really great questions about writing and life and it was great to hear him talk about awesome stuff for an hour and half. Usually people are just like, "How's Willy? What are puff levels like?" and it's awesome, but come on, this guy is pretty freaking smart. and today was like....great because most of the ppl in there WEREN'T nerdfighters. but now they are. so yay! but they didnt ask about any inside jokes of ours. in fact, they asked about our "in my pants" joke, WHICH is actually Maureen's creation.

that is all for now. you can see footage on wednesday for more.

TODAY IS AWESOME BECAUSE JOHN GREEN IS MADE OF AWESOME.


"even though tonight i've got a date with my bookshelf, i'd much rather touch and hug you. won't you be in nerdfighterlike with me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment