Sunday, April 19, 2009

Broadway is LIFE

so i've seen a BUNCH of shows. and i have my favorites and I have those that i REFUSE to see.  

so FAVORITES [in no order]: 
-Spring Awakening 
-RENT 
-Wicked 
-A Chorus Line 
-Thoroughly Modern Millie 
-Legally Blonde  

and REFUSE: 
-Phantom of the Opera [i'll go for free] 
-Phantom of the Opera 2 
-Shrek [unless i'm meeting Sutton] 
-anything my Andrew Llyod Weber  

So. What HAVE I seen? 

Well, in the short 6 years i've been going to Broadway, i've seen 13 shows; 22 times. does that make sense? I'll break it down for you  

RENT [5 times + one tour] 
42nd Street  
Chicago [twice] 
[Thorougly Modern Millie on tour] 
The Three Penny Opera [with the amazing Alan Cumming/OBC] 
The Drowsy Chaperone [OBC] 
Wicked  
A Chorus Line [OBC] 
Spring Awakeing [OBC/5 times [six + soon!]] 
Boeing Boeing [OBC] 
Legally Blonde [OBC] 
Hairspray 
Avenue Q 
Equus [OBC-you hear Dan sing! hehe. oh and i almost forgot. I HAVE SEEN HARRY POTTER'S.....you know. hehe]  

now, i have WAY more soundtracks that that. I live in the world even if i don't see the show - they get expensive. I see as many as I can and usually rush since that's cheap. I also try to go see high school/community performances because they're really cheap and my town is KNOWN for their theatre shows. It's basically bway for $20 and no train ride and your friends are in it. My high school wins Rising Star awards [like the Tony's for high school] EVERY year. I'm very proud of them.  

My only tour shows were Throughly and RENT. Because of how close I live to Bway, they rarely come to the New Jersey venues. They'll hit Pittsberg or Philly, but that's a hassel to get to. Sometimes they'll go to Providence or down in Maryland, but again, hassel. Because I live so close to Bway, i don't really follow the tours either. Only if i'm OBSESSED with the bway show [like RENT and SA]. okkk. i think that's all for now.  

Today is awesome because....uhh....i played monopoly with 5ts. well....monday, thurday and friday.

"Cut the cord. Is that the man I once adored? He's nothing but an albatross; no great loss; doublecrosser - forget about the boy. Pull the pulg - ain't he the one who pulled the rug? He's lower than an alley cat; dirty rat; and I flatter."

No comments:

Post a Comment