Friday, April 17, 2009

the 17th Day

wow. I need something to talk about....hmmmmm. What to talk about? I really don't know. 

Oh wait! I know! Hayley G did a post about getting over your ex and listed some suggestions in which to do so. Let's compare her advice with my actions. 

"Ten tips for getting over an asshole:

1. Stop listening to songs in which the angry girl protagonist reconsiders and decides she still really loves the guy who broke her heart, like this one and this one.
2. Listen only to songs about dying of AIDS and the sexual repression of German schoolboys.
3. Put an end to cheesy romantic internal monologues. Yes, you are looking at the same moon as him. But you're also looking at the same moon as Mikhail Gorbachev and Carrot Top, and how in love are you with them?
4. Curb all self-destructive tendencies!
5. Do not call him just to say goodnight. Ever. Put the phone down. PUT IT DOWN.
6. End all emotional attachments to inanimate objects and food products that are in some way associated with him. Eating a box of oreos will not make you feel better. Quite the opposite, in fact.
7. Start saying yes when other boys ask you out. Follow through.
8. Delete his screen name/phone number. Seeing them will make you want to im him or call him. 
9. Never read John Donne's "A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" ever, ever again.
10. Stop writing incriminating blog entries about him in hopes that he'll read it and give you attention"


Now: What have I done?
1. yeah, i listen to those songs and think about him. =/
2. Uhhhh. Duh. "Totally F*cked" is my life. I WILL marry Groff and A Rapp. CHECK.
3. I didn't do that before, why would I do it now? CHECK.
4. *sigh* *smacks head on table* yeah. i gotta stop that.
5. Ok. I know I don't do that. I don't even text him.....anymore. CHECK.
6. Working on it. I've been listening to the songs that remind me of him and disassociating them. Well....kinda. Just like "Don't Forget" will always remind me of Michael.
7. If other boys ask me out, I think I will say "yes." Hell, I'm going to ask a guy out. REALLY. I AM. well...i'm working on it. CHECK. 
8. DONE! Haha, i know that one. Did it with all the ex's. No. Lie. I have all of their numbers still. Half-CHECK.
9. Never have, will one day. CHECK. 
10. Yeahhhhhhh. I gotta do that. And this one really isn't helping. oh well. I write to get over. CHECK.

so that's...what? 6/10? That's not bad.

In other news I saw the kid who likes me. It just keeps getting more and more awkward. Why did I make out with him? Oh wait, I know why.
Because my ex had just come out as a BI-SEXUAL. I just needed on straight boy to like me.

TODAY IS AWESOME because i'm having a sleepover with my best friend in two weeks. where i will force her to do a HP movie marathon.

"My state of mind has finally gotten the best of me...i need you next to me."

3 comments:

  1. your lines get cut off at the end. 6/10 = 60% = an F

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i am shallow. please give me more attention. this isn't sarcasm either. i'm 100% serious

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're an ass. leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete