so i've been a nerdfighter for two years now.
and that kinda freaks me out.
It all started right after HP7 came out. My friend, Emily told me about this parody that was on youtube. She ended up linking it on Facebook, and I checked it out. Needless to say, it was Hank's Accio Deathly Hallows video. From there i was hooked. I had just gotten my Mac and i spent the month of August catching up. I became a nerdfighter and didn't really partake in any of the forums, but i usually commented on B2.com and even got "first" once. That made my day.
Once '08 started, I was still a nerdfighter, but more in theory. It wasn't until Paper Towns when I started really getting into the.....idk how to say it. I went to the release since i live so close to NYC and was in almost every chat. I even made sure I didnt work past 6pm so I could be in the chats [yeah. lame.]. I went to CT's tour date too and everything was perfect back then. I had great friends and I loved Nerdfighting.
Now, just about half way through '09, i haven't stopped. I told a friend about it and we're pretty sure he's a nerdfighter too. I made my best friend read John's books and she's in love. i met a nerdfighter from England at the PT release and we talk just about every day, and are planning on seeing each other a lot come September. My fellow nerdfigher from High School, Lauren, even made a joke that Joseph and I should get married since we're all nerdfighters and such. I go into as many chats as possible and met some really cool people from the ning. I'm in a collab channel on youtube and two of the other girls are nerdfighters and we're slowly converting the other two.
My life has drastically changed since August '07. I'm so much more confident in myself and my life. My friends are made of awesome and i can't be around anyone who isn't made of awesome. Harry Potter and the fandom have taken a huge priority in my life since i've been introduced to Wizard Rock last year thanks to John. I can't thank John and Hank enough for the friends Nerdfighteria has brought me or the person I've become. I don't know if my old high school friends can see the change in me, but I can. I'm not the same person I was when I graduated.
Every day is made of awesome. Every day, we must work to decrease world suck. Every day, I look into my mirror and tell myself that I *am* made of awesome. Even if I don't believe, and sometimes I don't, there are people who think I am. Even if Macon's got me down and stressed or the school work has started to pile or my parents are...my parents, I know I can come online and go to the Nerdfighter ning or the MJ ning or YouTube or Facebook or Twitter and someone will be online. John has a tendency to have a blogtv show when i'm down and his voice and his presence makes me so happy.
As for the end of BEDA, i'm kinda sad. I've loved blogging and definately will continue it. It may not be everyday, but I think I may try to get up here weekly or so. There's so much i can say when typing and it's a release from my daily life that i need. While I wish it was quite private so I could rant about anyone and not worry, I like that my friends read this. So they know i'm okay and won't be going down any more black holes. Though, i don't think that's possible in Nerdfighteria.
So today is made of awesome because I am a nerdfighter, through and through and because I am made of awesome.
"I've seen your videos and i think they're so jokes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment