This September I will be leaving for England in the Fall. I need to pack for an entire 9 monhts. Fall clothes, winter clothes, spring clothes. Fortunately for me, that means one type of outfit. I wear this outfit 5/7 times a week. It's jeans, sneakers [converses], a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt.
I hate wearing anything else. Fortunately for me, I'm going into a profession where I can wear that outfit most of the time. The other times I can dress up for a book release parties, which I love doing and going to.
In thinking about which clothes I should take, I looked around my dressers. I have a lot of clothes. I thought I would count how many articles of clothes I have to show you what its like.
I am posting how many I own and in brackets are the number i regularally wear.
T-shirts: 110. [40] (This is really sad. I can go four months without doing laundry)
Long-sleeved shirts: 12. [2]
Tank tops: 26. [16]
Button-down casual shirts: 4. [2]
Polos: 14. [8]
Nice shirts for dressing up: 4. [1]
Jeans: 7 [5]
Shorts/Capris: 4. [4]
Work pants: 4. [1]
Nice pants for dressing up: 6.
Sun-dresses: 6. [6]
Casual skirts: 10. [5]
Nice Skirts for dressing up: 3.
Nice dresses for dressing up: 1.
Prom/Formal dresses: 3.
Jackets: 6. [3]
Sweatshirts: 13. [9. i can name them all. FLHS Grey, FLHS Grey, FLHS Red, Masques, WDW, Rowan, TSC, MSU, RENT]
Sweatpants: 3. [3]
PJ Pants: 7. [2]
PJ Shirts: 12. [4-normally i just wear a t-shirt from my drawer.]
PJ Boxers: 6. [4]
Underware: 43 [ok. this is outragous. i can go over a month without doing underware laundry.]
Bras: 11. [4]
Socks: 26 pairs. [10] (i only wear my old navy ones. i really need more. i can wear two pairs in one day. i like socks.)
Shoes: 12.
Converses: 6. [6-black, green, red, blue, pink, white]
Conclusion: I own WAY too many clothes. I also didnt count the 20 hangers thats in the back of my closet hold clothes i haven't wore in years.
The media really forces people to constantly be changing their woredrobe [so did not spell that right]. People are attracted to sales, and they shop when things are on sale, wheather they need them or not. I know that I am a victim of this. I buy at least one article of clothing a month. I am currently planning on buying another dress as soon as it goes on sale and I want a new tank top because they're comfy and on sale.
So what's wrong with us? Why do we need to shop and own so many clothes? There are children who barely have one outfit, I have over 100. I am purging my closet and drawers this summer. I dont wear half the clothes I own. I also don't want to throw a lot away.
This list doesn't include the 10 shirts under my bed that I dont fit in anymore or the boxes of clothes in my attic that I don't fit in anymore.
I OWN TOO MANY CLOTHES. So I encourage you to make a similiar list. It will truly show you how many clothes you own. Plus it makes a great blog post for BEDA.
Today is awesome because I may be ordering my new dress and tanktop tonight.
I can't wait to order my new dress and tank top.

No comments:
Post a Comment