Thursday, April 1, 2010

APRIL = BEDA

There’s one thing about England that everyone knows – it rains. A LOT. Which is actually fine by me.

Around May/June of last year, we had a lot of rain in New Jersey and I got used to it. In fact, I fell in love with it. I fell in love with it so much that I don’t mind when it rains here. I only mind when it rains and is really windy. Otherwise, I don’t mind it. It’s part of England. I’m not going to hate it.

So today, of course, it’s raining. It was actually a pretty nice day until it started raining, but I’m used to the weather changing by now. I’m walking along the street, heading for the train station and I’m passing all these people with umbrellas and hoods over their heads and I’m just letting it rain down on me. my hair actually loves the rain. And when it stops raining, the smell is amazing. No, really, it is. Since Worcester is in the country it smells like fresh rain. You don’t get that smell too much in NYC. It smells worse when it rains.

But here – here I love the rain.

It took til about 3pm for me to realize it was actually April and I had to blog today. My friend is also doing NaPoWriMo and asked me to do it with her. I’m attempting NaPoWriMo, but not making myself do it. I am doing BEDA though. Is Maureen even doing BEDA this year? It’s my favorite month because of it.

Anyways. A poem. Here goes nothing.



Today, I walk alone in the quiet rain

Rain drops concealing my sad tears

Forgetting that I’m in so much pain

Smiling so I can hide my solemn fears

It’s now I remember the night we danced

In the season’s first rain underneath the moon

You charmed me with your foreign romance

One kiss and I couldn’t help but swoon

Yet, I didn’t know how much it would hurt

When you finally broke my fragile heart


it's not done - but it is what it is. i'll keep working on it cause i like it.

I'm off to Paris tomorrow. how cool is that? I'll be blogging more when i get back. with what i did and such.


as for now: today is awesome because i'm in London. and I'm going to Paris tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. ah I never come to your blog cuz I'm a terrible friend/sister person but i never realized you tried to NAPOWRIMO with me I'm proud to say that 20 days in and I haven't missed a day

    ReplyDelete