Last week/beginning of this week, I babysat my ex-best friend's cats.
Courtney and I were best friends YEARS ago, in elementary school and middle school. For five years we were inseparable. In the Eighth grade, downfall came and we rarely spoke in high school.
This is all okay by me. She was great friend during those five years, and I'll never forget them or think less of her. We grew up into two different people. If I followed the heard in Eighth grade and continued into high school with her and that group of people, I would be a very different person. If Harry Potter existed in that world, he wouldn't be the prominent factor of my life that he is today. I wouldn't be a nerdfighter. I wouldn't be on YouTube. I wouldn't have 5TS. Who knows where I'd be.
Since we did become friends in third/forth grade, our parents met [actually our older siblings were in the same class, so they already knew each other] and became great friends.
Our parents are still great friends and I would say that one of my Dad's best friends is Courtney's dad. Her parents are wonderful people and have never been anything but nice to me. They even congratulated me on our graduation day.
Three weeks ago Courtney's mom called my mom and asked if either I or my little sister could watch the house and feed the cats while they were away. Wanting the extra cash, I happily agreed.
The only weird part was being in that house. Memories of sleepovers, playdates, best friend vows all came flooding back. I couldn't bring myself to climb upstairs to her room, but from what I could see, not much has changed.
All in all, her cats are soooo easy to take care of and it was easy cash. Plus, it was a favor for her mom, whom I love dearly.
It just makes me think about who I might be if we never were friends or if we had stayed friends. This also makes me think of what would've happened if Kat had stayed in Fair Lawn. I loved her friendship then and am happy that facebook, twitter and blogger has kept us connected.
All in all, I love my life. I love my friends. I love who I've grown up to be.
And that's something I wouldn't change for the world. [even if i could've been popular and date some really cute guys.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment