Sunday, February 7, 2010

New

I was forced to move by the Uni. Which is fine. New room, new roommates, new semester, new life. Right?

But the things from the past are still here. I miss Jen every single day. The past haunts me even now, though the room and the roommates are new.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I can't wait to back to the states and, theoretically, start over. I can be this new person who goes out and isn't afraid to be....well, me. and I can do it where the currency is the same and in the safety of my parent's house and in my car, in my Nathan. I can do it where I'm safe.

I have no idea who I'm going to be when I return. But I know the Kelly that came here in September is gone. Last semester changed me, and I knew it would. I don't know how much this semester is going to change me, I think it's just going to make me wiser.

Sure, the internet is very....public. So will be my books. I'm sure as hell not going to stop writing just because one person was upset by it. I'm a writer, it happens. I'm sorry he saw it. I can't be sorry that I wrote it. I can be sorry that I put it in the eyes of the public. I can be sad that he doesn't want anything to do with me. I can be sad that people have taken amusement of my life.

I need to be strong.



"I don't want to be anything other than me" -Gavin DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment